Petty’s Irrigation, Landscape and Pest Control is thrilled that summer is finally here! The kids are out of school and the days are looking brighter.
You’re excited about the summer adventures ahead with your kids, but you know their tendency. In their minds, free time equals screen time. They tend to be on their screens constantly. You want to make the most of the summertime with your family while the kids are home, but what can you do to get them outside for some family fun?
The heat is going to be an issue. That Texas sun can make things pretty hot. How are you going to keep things cool when you ask the kids to come outside? Fortunately, we’ve got you covered.
Here are 5 creative ideas that will foster some summertime family fun while staying cool.
- Water Balloon Fight. There are some classics that just can’t be beat. A water-balloon fight is a cool, cost-effective way to make some sweet memories with the kids. Consider adding some structure to your water-balloon fight. Maybe implement a “last-one-standing-wins” rule, or play where one of your kids is a doctor who can heal anyone on their team and bring them back in the game (find out how to play here).
- A Misting Roller Coaster Ride. Kids love theme parks. The roller coaster rides are always a thrill. And what about those misters? You know, those big fans at Six Flags that spray mist? Those are so cool! What if you combined both in your own backyard and made a misting roller coaster ride for your kids? It’s easier than you may think, but it will cost you a bit of cash. First, purchase a Step2 Up and Down Coaster. Second, purchase a stand-up Frontgate Misting Fan or a mounted Global Industrial Misting Fan. Finally, set up your roller coaster to ride through the mist and watch the kids have a blast. Consider bringing an outdoor bluetooth speaker and adding some fun tunes. If you need help mounting your misting fan, Petty’s would love to help you with the installation.
- Oversized Games. These classic board games just got super-sized! Dozens of classic indoor board games have been made into exciting outdoor fun games. A few examples include Jenga, Connect 4, and Dominoes. There’s even an enlarged outdoor bowling set if that’s more up your alley (pun intended).
- Super-Duper-Wacky-Water-World. Make a safe, yet exciting obstacle course in the backyard. Fill up the kiddy pool, set up a balance beam, line a path with pool noodles, and set up the mini basketball hoop. Then turn on the sprinklers and water hose and voila, you’ve created a super-duper-wacky-water world. Add some competition by timing all the obstacle course participants and let the games begin. Reward all the participants with a fresh glass of lemonade. For safe, in-ground installation of sprinklers, feel free to contact Petty’s Irrigation, Landscape and Pest Control.
- Petty’s Mystery Paradise Project. We’re working on something big to foster some family fun in the summer sun, and we can’t wait to share it with you when it’s complete. Stay plugged into Petty’s blogs and social media to find out what our Mystery Paradise Project is.